Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchased gift cards for iTunes and found out it was a scam what do I do with the cards I have not scratched the back off

Purchased gift cards and found oiut it was a scam. Did not scratch back number off. Do not need what do I do?

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 6:49 PM

Hello Lobster,

Good that you realized it was a scam and did not give out the numbers. In general, retailers will not provide refunds on gift cards, even unused ones. However, now that you have the gift cards, you can redeem them to buy apps, music, movies or iCloud storage, or you can give them out as gifts.

For more information, see here:

About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 6:49 PM in response to Lobster60

Hello Lobster,

Good that you realized it was a scam and did not give out the numbers. In general, retailers will not provide refunds on gift cards, even unused ones. However, now that you have the gift cards, you can redeem them to buy apps, music, movies or iCloud storage, or you can give them out as gifts.

For more information, see here:

About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

purchased gift cards for iTunes and found out it was a scam what do I do with the cards I have not scratched the back off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.