Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes / Apple Music Album Description

In Apple Music, some albums include an "Album Description" under the album's title.

I was wondering how to add an "Album Description" to albums / songs in Apple Music (Mac) / iTunes (Windows).

Is the "Comments" section on the "Info" window for an album / song, the "Album Description", or a completely different thing?

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 9:14 AM

As far as I know this long form description is derived from the iTunes Store rather than being part of the track metadata. See ‎BADLANDS (Deluxe Edition) by Halsey on Apple Music where it is described as Editor's Notes. There is a field in iTunes/Music called description but it isn't made available in Song Info and I think is normally used for podcasts. I've just tried setting some text into it for one of my tracks and it hasn't shown up on my phone although other changes I made to metadata came through.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2020 9:14 AM in response to rp1001

As far as I know this long form description is derived from the iTunes Store rather than being part of the track metadata. See ‎BADLANDS (Deluxe Edition) by Halsey on Apple Music where it is described as Editor's Notes. There is a field in iTunes/Music called description but it isn't made available in Song Info and I think is normally used for podcasts. I've just tried setting some text into it for one of my tracks and it hasn't shown up on my phone although other changes I made to metadata came through.

tt2

Aug 30, 2020 1:31 PM in response to turingtest2

Yeah I tried the comment section but it doesn’t do anything. I use kid3 to explicitize my music and other things for the meta data and it had a description section, so I tried it, but it didn’t do anything. I think it’s cause i’m using home sharing to my phone and it always doesn’t show all the songs details. I won’t know until I actually transfer music onto my phone. But I’d still like a sure way to do it, just can’t find anything.

iTunes / Apple Music Album Description

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.