Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i make keyboard smaller on ipad

It doesn t stay small when i make it smaller by using two fingers.it goes smaller than as soon as fingers are off it comes back to its normal size

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 10:30 AM

With the keyboard visible on-screen, touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key at bottom right of the keyboard; an options menu will appear. Without lifting your finger, slide your finger to Split or Floating - then lift your finger from the screen.

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2020 10:30 AM in response to pascaleberner

With the keyboard visible on-screen, touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key at bottom right of the keyboard; an options menu will appear. Without lifting your finger, slide your finger to Split or Floating - then lift your finger from the screen.

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Aug 30, 2020 11:22 AM in response to pascaleberner

The keyboard is part of iOS. You don't have the ability to customize it your personal choices.

You seem to think you are writing Apple on this forum. You are NOT writing Apple. This is a user to user ONLY forum.

You can tell Apple what you'd like to see (you likely won't though) by providing feedback via this link --> https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Aug 30, 2020 10:40 AM in response to pascaleberner

The on-screen keyboard size can be selected from three options - Merge (this being full size), Floating (small - position where you please), or for iPad models that provide support you can use the Split Keyboard.

Other than these three options, the native keyboard cannot be further customised.

Other third-party keyboards offer different features - but none, to my knowledge, offer the ability to infinitely resize the keyboard.

How do i make keyboard smaller on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.