Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen Mac

My stolen mac reported as stolen on icloud, how do i find the exact location where it was used? it has been offline for more than 24 Hours

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 3:04 PM

Your MacBook Pro will need to get on a WiFi Network to report its location. Furthermore, Find My app should have been activated before the theft occured.

The thief will actually need to know your passcode to get into the MacBook Pro desktop and then connect it a WiFi Network. Then you can locate it on the Find My device on another device signed into to the same Apple ID as your MacBook Pro. The odds of that happening are low.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2020 3:04 PM in response to keoagilet

Your MacBook Pro will need to get on a WiFi Network to report its location. Furthermore, Find My app should have been activated before the theft occured.

The thief will actually need to know your passcode to get into the MacBook Pro desktop and then connect it a WiFi Network. Then you can locate it on the Find My device on another device signed into to the same Apple ID as your MacBook Pro. The odds of that happening are low.

Axel F.

Stolen Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.