📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i update garageband on a 2010 mac with sierra os

i have an old mac my kids used to use. i am hoping i can use it for music recording with garageband. It has sierra 10.12.6. when i try to update garageband from app store it says i need 10.13.6 OS. How do i update the OS? I cant find my mac listed when i go to update - maybe its too old?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 6:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 8:13 PM

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

2 replies

Aug 30, 2020 10:39 PM in response to jimmyhundred

Before you click on the link posted by Dialabrain open your Safari browser, Firefox won't work.

Go to Section 4 and click on Get macOS High Sierra, you will be redirected to the App Store

High Sierra download page, it should say Get or Download.

If downloading from Apples servers it is always best to use a cabled connection to your router,

do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet

connection.

Always make a full backup of your mac before upgrading.

can i update garageband on a 2010 mac with sierra os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.