Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clean the white Apple Watch band

How to clean my white Apple Watch band

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 7:05 PM

You've probably seen this advice from Apple on cleaning the watch generally. A third-party site has some common sense directions for how to clean Apple Watch bands, including the following regarding a sport band:

Step 1: Remove sport band from Apple watch

Step 2: Wipe dirt and tarnish with a clean and soft cotton cloth

Step 3: Use some freshwater on the cloth, scrub the remaining stain

Step 4: Dry the band with a clean cloth indoor, no direct exposure to sunshine or a heater.

I think the overarching thing here is to avoid caustic cleaning solutions and stick to the naturals, like fresh, warm water, clean cloths and lost of rinsing. Not sure there is any magic solution to be deployed. I have a steel third party (Nomad) band; a sport loop (Nike) black; a sport (black) and the Apple Milanese (black). The last three are all Apple made. Have only used warm water and multiple rounds of rinsing and clean clothes to gently remove the day-to-day grime, oils etc.

Good luck!

JDee

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2020 7:05 PM in response to June Penniston

You've probably seen this advice from Apple on cleaning the watch generally. A third-party site has some common sense directions for how to clean Apple Watch bands, including the following regarding a sport band:

Step 1: Remove sport band from Apple watch

Step 2: Wipe dirt and tarnish with a clean and soft cotton cloth

Step 3: Use some freshwater on the cloth, scrub the remaining stain

Step 4: Dry the band with a clean cloth indoor, no direct exposure to sunshine or a heater.

I think the overarching thing here is to avoid caustic cleaning solutions and stick to the naturals, like fresh, warm water, clean cloths and lost of rinsing. Not sure there is any magic solution to be deployed. I have a steel third party (Nomad) band; a sport loop (Nike) black; a sport (black) and the Apple Milanese (black). The last three are all Apple made. Have only used warm water and multiple rounds of rinsing and clean clothes to gently remove the day-to-day grime, oils etc.

Good luck!

JDee

How to clean the white Apple Watch band

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.