Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop automatic redirect to yahoo in safari?

I am trying to remove the yahoo search redirect. I have google as my preferred search engine but search.yahoo takes over the search. i have tried all most all ways which i took from Google.

but it is not working. need your help to fix this.

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 5:27 AM

Your Mac seems to be infected with malware: a browser hijacker called Yahoo Redirect. By visiting some website or/and installing some apps, you might have also unintentionally side-installed this browser hijacker.

You can search for Malware apps that help "clean" your computer, one such one is Malwarebytes.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2020 5:27 AM in response to leninChris

Your Mac seems to be infected with malware: a browser hijacker called Yahoo Redirect. By visiting some website or/and installing some apps, you might have also unintentionally side-installed this browser hijacker.

You can search for Malware apps that help "clean" your computer, one such one is Malwarebytes.

How to stop automatic redirect to yahoo in safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.