Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email stating our Apple ID was locked then it asks for our social etc is this legit

i got an email stating that my card couldn’t Be charged and they it asks me to unlock it and asks for personal info is this a scam

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 9:48 AM

It's fake. Forward it to reportphishing@apple.com as an attachment and then delete it.

If an Apple ID actually gets locked or disabled, its owner will be told when they try logging into it instead of through email. Apple also only asks customers for their SSN if they're setting up Apple Pay Cash.

(183633)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2020 9:48 AM in response to Wkebrd2002

It's fake. Forward it to reportphishing@apple.com as an attachment and then delete it.

If an Apple ID actually gets locked or disabled, its owner will be told when they try logging into it instead of through email. Apple also only asks customers for their SSN if they're setting up Apple Pay Cash.

(183633)

I received an email stating our Apple ID was locked then it asks for our social etc is this legit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.