Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring playlists from iPhone to Mac

I created a playlist on my iPhone. I want to transfer that to my Mac, but it looks like there's no process to do this. If I synch, the playlist will be lost. Is this correct?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 11:25 AM

To be honest, I'm not sure but I don't think the playlist will be lost. According to the last paragraph in the "Edit a playlist you created on iPhone" section of:

Create playlists on iPhone - Apple Support

Changes you make to your music library are updated across all your devices when Sync Library is turned on in Music settings. If you’re not an Apple Music subscriber, the changes appear in your music library the next time you sync with your computer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2020 11:25 AM in response to linvilca

To be honest, I'm not sure but I don't think the playlist will be lost. According to the last paragraph in the "Edit a playlist you created on iPhone" section of:

Create playlists on iPhone - Apple Support

Changes you make to your music library are updated across all your devices when Sync Library is turned on in Music settings. If you’re not an Apple Music subscriber, the changes appear in your music library the next time you sync with your computer.

Transferring playlists from iPhone to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.