Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home button is not vibrating.

I updated my new iPhone 7plus to IOS 13.6 and the home button stopped vibrating. I have tried to use the 3 options in the settings, yet the problem persists.

What other options do I have ? I need to feel the home button

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 3:03 AM

I don't think it is a vibration, it is click feeling, however when do you get the vibration? When you press it or when you place your finger on it. Do you feel this when your iPhone is on your hand or on solid surface like table?

The Home button on your iPhone can detect the presence and pressure of your finger. You can choose between three speeds to provide different levels of feedback when you press.

Choose a Speed option

To change the click feedback when you press the Home button, go to Settings > Accessibility > Home Button and select Default, Slow, Slowest.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 3:03 AM in response to Fancyboy1

I don't think it is a vibration, it is click feeling, however when do you get the vibration? When you press it or when you place your finger on it. Do you feel this when your iPhone is on your hand or on solid surface like table?

The Home button on your iPhone can detect the presence and pressure of your finger. You can choose between three speeds to provide different levels of feedback when you press.

Choose a Speed option

To change the click feedback when you press the Home button, go to Settings > Accessibility > Home Button and select Default, Slow, Slowest.

Home button is not vibrating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.