Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding bookmarks to folders

I have just started using Safari after being a Firefox user for years. In Firefox I could hit cmd-D and then select the folder I want to put the bookmark in from the left-hand panel. I have lots of folders and sub-folders. If I want to put the bookmark in a sub-folder then I click on the main folder to open it, then I can click again to close it. All my main folders are visible in one column on the screen as sub-folders are hidden.

However if I do this in Safari, when I click cmd-D every folder and sub-folder is open, so in order to select the correct folder I may have to scroll down and down and down until I find it. This is just ridiculous. Is there no way to close the folders while saving a bookmark?

I can open and close folders when using Safari, so why can't I do that while saving a bookmark?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 8:39 AM

No one here can speculate about internal product decisions by the Safari product team. If it is not on the Safari Bookmark menu, then the functionality you seek likely does not exist. Clearly, the goal was not to "borrow" features from Firefox, or invite the Firefox product team over for a webkit idea session.

You certainly can directly send feedback to the Safari product team, and with your request.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 8:39 AM in response to eddleetham

No one here can speculate about internal product decisions by the Safari product team. If it is not on the Safari Bookmark menu, then the functionality you seek likely does not exist. Clearly, the goal was not to "borrow" features from Firefox, or invite the Firefox product team over for a webkit idea session.

You certainly can directly send feedback to the Safari product team, and with your request.

Adding bookmarks to folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.