Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do to ensure stolen iPad will be shut down?

We tracked the device, they stole my on's iPad? What can I do to ensure it will be shut down, not used, until we recover it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 10:41 AM

See the information in If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support including the following:

Mark As Lost. This will remotely lock your device with a passcode and you can display a custom message with your phone number on your missing device's Lock screen. It will also keep track of your device's location. If you added credit, debit, or prepaid cards to Apple Pay, the ability to make payments using Apple Pay on the device is suspended when you put your device in Lost Mode.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 10:41 AM in response to janette95

See the information in If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support including the following:

Mark As Lost. This will remotely lock your device with a passcode and you can display a custom message with your phone number on your missing device's Lock screen. It will also keep track of your device's location. If you added credit, debit, or prepaid cards to Apple Pay, the ability to make payments using Apple Pay on the device is suspended when you put your device in Lost Mode.

What can I do to ensure stolen iPad will be shut down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.