Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought more storage for my iPhone and it still is refusing to back up due to lack of space

I just bought more storage for my iPhone and it’s still not backing up my iPhone. Any suggestions?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 11:50 AM

You cannot buy more storage for your phone. It will always have the amount of storage it came with. You have bought space in iCloud, Appe's syncing service. To create more sace on phone, you must delete photos, messages, apps, etc.. Be sure to save important photos and data to your computer or an external drive. Check these links...

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 11:50 AM in response to KatieLynn82

You cannot buy more storage for your phone. It will always have the amount of storage it came with. You have bought space in iCloud, Appe's syncing service. To create more sace on phone, you must delete photos, messages, apps, etc.. Be sure to save important photos and data to your computer or an external drive. Check these links...

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I just bought more storage for my iPhone and it still is refusing to back up due to lack of space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.