Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard shortcut for changing windows of the same app

Dear all

I've this silly question, but it's driving me crazy. I know that if I want to change app, I have to do cmd+tab. But I cannot find the keyboard shortcut for changing windows of the same app. Let's say: I have two Numbers files open in two windows and I have to do some copy&paste between them, I cannot do cmd+tab because they are of the same app, I can make it through app exposé (using the trackpad or pressing cntr+F3) but it not comfortable at all. I did some searches on the web but I did not find anything.

Is there somebody who can help me please?

Thanks

Carlo

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 12:49 PM

It's definitely not a silly question at all. This frustrated for me for years knowing that MS Windows has always had this feature (control + tab there) until I finally figure out that Mac has always had it too.

So just to clarify what's already been pointed out, it's the ` ("grave") key which is the one with the tick on the same key as the ~ on US/UK English Mac keyboards.

Also, Shift + Command + ` cycles backwards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 12:49 PM in response to McViga

It's definitely not a silly question at all. This frustrated for me for years knowing that MS Windows has always had this feature (control + tab there) until I finally figure out that Mac has always had it too.

So just to clarify what's already been pointed out, it's the ` ("grave") key which is the one with the tick on the same key as the ~ on US/UK English Mac keyboards.

Also, Shift + Command + ` cycles backwards.

keyboard shortcut for changing windows of the same app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.