Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

I have purchased the Apple TV app but can’t open it on my smart tv. Any suggestions?

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 4:46 PM

At the risk of asking what you may have tried already:

• Try a cold restart of the TV
  • See if there are updates for the TV firmware, Tizen OS, and/or the Apple TV app.

Before you can use it, you will have to sign in to the Apple TV app, in the app’s Settings. There enter your Apple ID account details.

Contact Apple Support if you need further assistance.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 4:46 PM in response to EddieHAppleTV

At the risk of asking what you may have tried already:

• Try a cold restart of the TV
  • See if there are updates for the TV firmware, Tizen OS, and/or the Apple TV app.

Before you can use it, you will have to sign in to the Apple TV app, in the app’s Settings. There enter your Apple ID account details.

Contact Apple Support if you need further assistance.

Sep 2, 2020 5:22 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I have tried two different attempts - first is to open the Apple TV app itself, the second is to go to a selection (movie or other offering) and try to open that. With either attempt, full sign on does not occur. It simply goes back to regular tv programming. Have not been able to find a way to sign into the app if that is needed. I am routed back to regular programming.

Samsung UHD 7 Series

Sep 2, 2020 5:29 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I have tried two attempts - first is to scroll to the Apple TV app and go to that. Second is to scroll to the app, then select a movie and go to that. In either case, there is screen activity that looks like I will be linked to either the app or the program, but then I simply am taken back to regular TV programming. No sign in screen or Apple TV app menu, just returned to regular programing.

Samsung UHD TV Series 7

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.