Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X

I updated my Logic Pro X and now cannot find Step Editor in the Editors window. I know I can make it a separate screen but I want it easily accessible in the Editors. Any suggestions as to how to get it to show up in Editors?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 11:38 PM

Try,

Open the Step Editor as a pane

• Click the Editors button  in the control bar, then click the Step Editor button.

Open the Step Editor as a separate window

Do one of the following:

• Choose Window > Open Step Editor.

• Drag the Step Editor button, which changes to the Step Editor window as you drag it.

read how to use it here!

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13120?locale=en_GB

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 11:38 PM in response to Laurel Gonzalo

Try,

Open the Step Editor as a pane

• Click the Editors button  in the control bar, then click the Step Editor button.

Open the Step Editor as a separate window

Do one of the following:

• Choose Window > Open Step Editor.

• Drag the Step Editor button, which changes to the Step Editor window as you drag it.

read how to use it here!

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13120?locale=en_GB

Sep 2, 2020 1:31 PM in response to Iaamusic

Hi laamusic.

I was so excited to see that someone had replied to my question. However, with the latest Logic update the Step Editor Button DOES NOT show up in Editors like it used. That is the root of my question. Where did Step Editors go? In the place of Step Editor there is now a Step Sequencer Button.

Oh Great! I accidentally bumped the "Solved" button and it won't let me change it back.

This did NOT solve my problem.....but no one will notice!!!!!!

Laurel

Sep 2, 2020 1:51 PM in response to Pancenter

Yes, I have. It is more 'clumsy' to draw in an articulation in Step Seq than Step Editor and it does not show the articulations I have already recorded when recording a part. Opening Step Editor as a separate window gives me the familiar look and options from before but requires another window so is not as easy to toggle between Piano roll and Step Editor.

Laurel

Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.