Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2017 4k Retina Screen Clouding

I just purchased a this computer recently and noticed what looked like smudges on the screen. Turns out they are under the panel. Apparently this has been an issue for years with iMacs. Is this something that apple will fix though there isn't any warranty? It is minimal right now but I am concerned they will get worst, and I just purchased this computer.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 7:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 7:16 PM

You will need to check with AppleCare to see if there are any programs covering this. In the USA that number is 800-275-2273, if you are outside the USA please click AppleCare Contact Info. We are all end users just like you, Apple does not read or participate in these forums.

It sounds like you may have purchased this computer used, if that is the case you should have fully inspected it prior to buying it or at the very least purchased it from a reputable reseller such as www.macsales.com.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 7:16 PM in response to di5c1pl3

You will need to check with AppleCare to see if there are any programs covering this. In the USA that number is 800-275-2273, if you are outside the USA please click AppleCare Contact Info. We are all end users just like you, Apple does not read or participate in these forums.

It sounds like you may have purchased this computer used, if that is the case you should have fully inspected it prior to buying it or at the very least purchased it from a reputable reseller such as www.macsales.com.

Sep 1, 2020 7:14 PM in response to di5c1pl3

di5c1pl3 Said:

"iMac 2017 4k Retina Screen Clouding I just purchased a this computer recently and noticed what looked like smudges on the screen. Turns out they are under the panel. Apparently this has been an issue for years with iMacs. Is this something that apple will fix though there isn't any warranty? It is minimal right now but I am concerned they will get worst, and I just purchased this computer."

-------

Contact the Seller.

Whomever the seller is, ask them for a return. Getting a new screen might cost you more than what you paid for the the iMac itself. Seems like a scam, though a full assumption on my part.

Where was the Purchased?

• Online?:

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay) then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be accountable and if you can get your money back.

• In-Person?:

If this as purchased in person, then there may be nothing you can do about this, but contacting them, asking for your money back.

Or...

A Retailer?:

If purchased at a retailer, take it back, asking what your options are for return. Gift Card return policies vary by rules of law. So, take to the Manager, asking if you can get a new card.

---

Avoiding Scams:

In all recommend getting it at a retailer - that way you can easily avoid scams. Getting it online might result in scams (and plenty are reported). So, go to a retailer, and then add it to your Apple Account right then-and-there after the transaction goes through at the cash register. It'd be more safe, from what read on these forums.

Go Here:

iMac 2017 4k Retina Screen Clouding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.