Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar virus on iPad Pro

Sorry if this post is a repeat I'm new to the community.

My issue is that it appears my iPad Pro calendar app. has become virus infected. The same message - that I have a virus - keeps propogating calendar space every hour going into future dates. I've tried clicking on "events" to hopefully delete them but with not luck, there isn't an edit button available.

I became afraid that the virus might affect other apps so in desperation I deleted the calendar app. It is now off my desktop and in the cloud. However, I keep receiving notifications (from the cloud?) that more viruses have been detected and I presume this situation is filling out all my future dates, events, times.

HELP, my local Mac store is closed so I've no where else to turn to but your expertise.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 4:16 AM

You’re in luck - the problem that you describe likely being very easy to resolve. You don’t have a Virus!

It is highly probable that an inadvertent click on a website link has “subscribed” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events and sending you unexpected “virus” or other warnings.

Given that infecting a non-jailbroken iPad/iPhone with actual malware is incredibly difficult, this technique is employed by malicious Actors to fool or encourage you into doing something untoward - more often than not, parting with personal or financial information leading to fraud or attempted extortion.

Let’s check for what’s out of place...

Settings > Passwords and Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 4:16 AM in response to dugini

You’re in luck - the problem that you describe likely being very easy to resolve. You don’t have a Virus!

It is highly probable that an inadvertent click on a website link has “subscribed” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events and sending you unexpected “virus” or other warnings.

Given that infecting a non-jailbroken iPad/iPhone with actual malware is incredibly difficult, this technique is employed by malicious Actors to fool or encourage you into doing something untoward - more often than not, parting with personal or financial information leading to fraud or attempted extortion.

Let’s check for what’s out of place...

Settings > Passwords and Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found

Calendar virus on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.