Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps do not have access to photos after IOS 13.7 update

Hey there, ever since updating to IOS 13. I cannot upload a photo via any app. It always says "this app does not have access to your photos, you can change this in privacy settings" when I go to "photos" in the privacy settings, it says "apps that have requested access to your photos will appear here" but there's nothing there. It's like it doesn't realise these apps want to have access to photos and stuff. I deleted some apps Facebook, Instagram and re-installed it, clicked "allow" when re-installing and no change. It's really annoying me, as I can't even upload photos to Instagram and that's the whole point in Instagram! 

I've googled it a million times and nobody seems to have the same problem, and if they do they seem to have solved it by going to privacy settings. 

I've even went into the seperate apps in privacy settings and again it doesn't seem to realise that the apps even want access to photos. 

Please help! 

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 11:29 PM

Is it possible that Content & Privacy Restrictions are active in Screen Time?

Open Settings ➔ Screen Time ➔ Content & Privacy Restrictions : You can set this to OFF or ➔ Photos : Set this to Allow ➔ Make sure that all the apps are set to ON.

Axel F.

4 replies

Apps do not have access to photos after IOS 13.7 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.