Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Money deducted twice from apple store purchase

Hi all. I purchased a macbook air 2 wks ago. As soon as I bought the device, I saw the temporary charge (from my understanding this charge is to make sure you have enough $) deducted from my bank account. Yesterday the macbook got shipped and i got deducted another time, I suppose for the actual transaction. However the original temporary charge has not been removed, so I have been charged twice. Ideas?

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 1:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 4:34 PM

Hey mate. About 3 days after I saw the charge, the actual transaction went through - meaning I saw the transaction go through via online banking, and the remaining double charge was refunded back in to my account.

This is pretty bad on Apple's behalf. They don't even let you know that this temporary double charge will happen.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2020 4:34 PM in response to johnnyboyoy

Hey mate. About 3 days after I saw the charge, the actual transaction went through - meaning I saw the transaction go through via online banking, and the remaining double charge was refunded back in to my account.

This is pretty bad on Apple's behalf. They don't even let you know that this temporary double charge will happen.

Oct 18, 2020 5:01 PM in response to Christophervee

A lot of merchants put a temporary authorization on your account when you place an order. That is an industry standard. There is not a real “charge” - it is a temporary hold to make sure the card is good for the amount. When the merchandise ships, Apple will actually put through a charge; the temp. hold will disappear all by itself. If your bank actually put the temp. hold through as a charge, you need to talk to your bank - they are pulling the trigger when they shouldn’t.

Here are Apple’s payment terms:

https://www.apple.com/shop/help/payments

And, we are all other users here; you are not addressing Apple employees, so we do not have access to any account information.

Sep 3, 2020 6:17 AM in response to anonyme4321

This happened today to me too. I purchased an iPad air 2 weeks ago and got deducted instantly. Yesterday an invoice was mailed to me and got deducted again. It was flagged by my bank account as an unauthorized transaction and I was required to report to the bank wherein they suggested toblock my account to prevent further unusual activity. I think this is not an isolated case, help us resolve this issue.

Money deducted twice from apple store purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.