Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White (shade) pixels in lower left corner of the screen

Hi, I bought a macbook pro 16 inch 2020 model a week ago and there is a small patch of white shade in the lower left corner of screen. It's not totally dead since it is visible only when the screen is black in that portion, otherwise for the brighter colour shades it is almost not visible. Can someone please help or suggest why is this happening? Following is a sample: (Also when I take screen shot of that particular patch, it is not visible in the screenshot image) Please help!

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 2:31 AM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2020 7:07 AM in response to shravan25

Hi shravan25,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities, and congratulations on your new Mac!

We know you want it working at its best, and we recommend trying to reset the NVRAM, which helps manage your display. This explains how:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Also, do you see this issue while the Mac is starting up, before you log in to your user account?

If you do, and the reset doesn't get rid of the issue, reach out directly to Apple Support to see your next options: Contact Apple Support

Take Care.

Sep 3, 2020 11:27 PM in response to i_rina

Hi i_rina,

Thanks for your reply but the issue was not solved by resetting the NVRAM. The issue is not just during logging in, I see it even when viewing darker (visible in black) image. The image that I posted in in the question is itself that of a plain black image. From the start of the MacBook to its shutdown, there is that white shade that I am referring to here. Also, while buying the laptop I took a video of it (obviously since it was my first Mac) and now when I checked the video carefully, I could see that shade when it first started too. Please help. Thanks in advance

White (shade) pixels in lower left corner of the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.