Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m having trouble with updating my iPad.... I’ve never had trouble, and now it’s making me crazy, help!

I’m having difficulty updating my iPad. Where do I go for help?

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 3:00 PM

You’ve not provided any details of your iPad model - or the currently installed version of iOS/iPadOS.

Common causes for update difficulties are (a) your iPad is too old or incompatible with later versions of iOS, or (b) you have insufficient space in which to download, unpack and install an available update.

You can find details of your iPad model and installed version of iOS here:

Settings > General > About

With the benefit of more information, we may be able to provide more specific guidance.

Here is Apple’s support pages for updating iOS:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 3:00 PM in response to NeneDj

You’ve not provided any details of your iPad model - or the currently installed version of iOS/iPadOS.

Common causes for update difficulties are (a) your iPad is too old or incompatible with later versions of iOS, or (b) you have insufficient space in which to download, unpack and install an available update.

You can find details of your iPad model and installed version of iOS here:

Settings > General > About

With the benefit of more information, we may be able to provide more specific guidance.

Here is Apple’s support pages for updating iOS:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

I’m having trouble with updating my iPad.... I’ve never had trouble, and now it’s making me crazy, help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.