Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music app joining files

I use the Music app to join audio files on a CD to make a consolidated MP3 file. A few days ago, the join CD tracks option disappeared and now I can't join them. I've had an issue before joining files if they got out of order. That's not the case here, they're all in the right order but when clicking on the geared wheel icon, to the right of the Import CD tabs, there's now only the options of Get Track Names or Submit CD Track names...the Join CD Tracks option was below them but no longer.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 2:44 PM

7 replies

Sep 3, 2020 11:16 AM in response to ed2345

Ed, thanks much, that fixed it. I didn't realize the Carat symbol was so key. I thought if the serial numbers and tracks were in order there wouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure how theTrack column got clicked on to move the Carat symbol to it rather than the serial number column. I must have done it without realizing it.

Thanks again, I'm back in business.

music app joining files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.