Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different size SIM card trays?

All I need to do is set up an iPhone 6S I just got to be used on wifi only. It doesn't have a SIM card, or SIM card tray. I tried to put the card/tray in it from my iPhone X (solely to set the phone up, I'm keeping the X in service), but it doesn't seem to fit. My eye thinks the card is a millimeter or two too big. Is this true? Did they change the size of the tray?

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 7:08 PM

6 replies

Sep 2, 2020 7:23 PM in response to clicketyclack

All iPhone models, since the iPhone 5, use a nano SIM card. In theory, the card would be interchangeable between your two phones. Unfortunately, I don't have either of the iPhone models you have so I can verify this for you. Regardless, if you are finding that the SIM card & try from your iPhone X does not fit in the 6S, I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options to set up your older phone.

Different size SIM card trays?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.