Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently deleted folder in Notes App

Question:

I accidentally deleted a note in notes. Why don’t I have a recently deleted folder?

I tried as mentioned tapping on < left In app but i couldnt find the deleted folder. Please help asap

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 9:42 PM

If you deleted a Note then it should end up in the Recently Deleted Folder. You can get to it by tapping the back arrow (Top Left) until you see all the FOLDERS.

If you do not see the Recently Deleted Folder then that means that there are no notes that were recently deleted. One thing to know and that is that a deleted note only remains in the Recently Deleted Folder for 30 days. After that it is automatically completely deleted.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2020 9:42 PM in response to PraveenT

If you deleted a Note then it should end up in the Recently Deleted Folder. You can get to it by tapping the back arrow (Top Left) until you see all the FOLDERS.

If you do not see the Recently Deleted Folder then that means that there are no notes that were recently deleted. One thing to know and that is that a deleted note only remains in the Recently Deleted Folder for 30 days. After that it is automatically completely deleted.

Axel F.

Recently deleted folder in Notes App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.