Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I free up space if I’ve been deleting and off loading my apps ?

can You help me free up space

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 4:17 AM

You cannot increase storage of iPhone. However you can optimise iPhone Storage by using iCloud Storage. Save space on your device

Settings > [your name] > iCloud Tap Photos > Choose Optimize [device] Storage Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

You can buy iCloud Storage. --> Buy more iCloud storage - Apple Support

You can manage your storage --> How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Manage your Storage --> Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Your photos are always available on both iPhone and iCloud. You delete it on iPhone it is gone from iCloud and vice-versa. To save space on your iPhone use Optimised iPhone storage. Remember, if you delete in one it is deleted everywhere.

Get started with iCloud Photos:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  1. Turn on iCloud Photos.
  1. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 4:17 AM in response to jabrill277

You cannot increase storage of iPhone. However you can optimise iPhone Storage by using iCloud Storage. Save space on your device

Settings > [your name] > iCloud Tap Photos > Choose Optimize [device] Storage Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

You can buy iCloud Storage. --> Buy more iCloud storage - Apple Support

You can manage your storage --> How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Manage your Storage --> Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Your photos are always available on both iPhone and iCloud. You delete it on iPhone it is gone from iCloud and vice-versa. To save space on your iPhone use Optimised iPhone storage. Remember, if you delete in one it is deleted everywhere.

Get started with iCloud Photos:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  1. Turn on iCloud Photos.
  1. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

How do I free up space if I’ve been deleting and off loading my apps ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.