Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my password don’t work for my iTunes download

My password don’t work for my Apple I.d

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 10:26 AM

Is this when you are trying to sign in or when you are trying to update an app?

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 10:26 AM in response to Rgolden400

Is this when you are trying to sign in or when you are trying to update an app?

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Sep 21, 2020 11:56 AM in response to and_5678-go

Are you signing into Settings/iTunes & App Store? Does the ID and password work other places?

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

If necessary

Hard reset.        

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.      

Sep 21, 2020 10:00 AM in response to Rgolden400

When my phone was set up by a person who literally drove the phone to me (via APPLE contractor) we had trouble setting up my user name and password. She finally left, unable to do more because it turned out that while I was employed as a school district of Phila. teacher, the computer lab person set up our teaching computers including passwords. These were not given to us. After years of service as a teacher, I retired 5 years ago, and all computers were changed and / or updated. I have an adult son who helped set up my user name and password. I never used it for the i-tunes or app store, until I had to sign in for a virtual doctor's appointment. My password failed repeatedly. I changed it following the manual instructions, and it was verified as going through correctly, however, I still can't sign in without it repeatedly saying failed and "your user name or password is incorrect". I don't know what to do.

Why my password don’t work for my iTunes download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.