Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access messages in iCloud

Hi I was wondering how I can access my messages saved to iCloud?

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 9:56 AM

Oh, I found the answer to my own question...

Store messages in iCloud

If you use Messages in iCloud, you can easily set up a new device and access your entire messages history. Messages you send, receive, or delete are updated on all iOS devices, iPadOS devices, and Mac computers where you’re signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID.

Using Messages in iCloud frees up space on your device by storing your messages in iCloud, along with the accompanying photos and other attachments. When you turn on Messages in iCloud on a device, your messages are automatically stored in iCloud, and aren’t included in your iCloud backup.

Messages in iCloud is available on iOS 11.4, iPadOS 13, macOS 10.13.5, or later.

Note: Although your messages are stored in iCloud, you can’t see them on iCloud.com.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 9:56 AM in response to kplamann

Oh, I found the answer to my own question...

Store messages in iCloud

If you use Messages in iCloud, you can easily set up a new device and access your entire messages history. Messages you send, receive, or delete are updated on all iOS devices, iPadOS devices, and Mac computers where you’re signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID.

Using Messages in iCloud frees up space on your device by storing your messages in iCloud, along with the accompanying photos and other attachments. When you turn on Messages in iCloud on a device, your messages are automatically stored in iCloud, and aren’t included in your iCloud backup.

Messages in iCloud is available on iOS 11.4, iPadOS 13, macOS 10.13.5, or later.

Note: Although your messages are stored in iCloud, you can’t see them on iCloud.com.

Access messages in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.