Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Keyboard Language

I have MacBook Pro 16 inch English Keyboard only and I want to Add Arabic Language to the keyboard . What is the best solution for that.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 1:41 PM

If you want to type Arabic, you just go to system preferences > keyboard > input sources, add Arabic, and the select that in the "flag" menu at the top right of the screen. Keyboard Viewer tells you which key does what.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-the-keyboard-viewer-on-mac-mchlp1015/10.14/mac/10.14

If you want your physical keys to have Arabic letters on them, Apple does produce MacBook Pros like that, and you might want to sell what you have and get one of those. Otherwise you have to shop for a new keyboard or use a "skin" which fits over your current one and is printed the way you want. Whether there are places that engrave keys with new letters I don't know.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 1:41 PM in response to Hendiko

If you want to type Arabic, you just go to system preferences > keyboard > input sources, add Arabic, and the select that in the "flag" menu at the top right of the screen. Keyboard Viewer tells you which key does what.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-the-keyboard-viewer-on-mac-mchlp1015/10.14/mac/10.14

If you want your physical keys to have Arabic letters on them, Apple does produce MacBook Pros like that, and you might want to sell what you have and get one of those. Otherwise you have to shop for a new keyboard or use a "skin" which fits over your current one and is printed the way you want. Whether there are places that engrave keys with new letters I don't know.

MacBook Pro Keyboard Language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.