Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to update by mac OS to 10.15.6 I continue to receive an error message that download failed and I need to check my wifi connection. wifi is good.

When I try to download and update my macOS from 10.15.5 to 10.15.6 I receive an error message stating that the download failed and I need to check my internet connection. The internet connection is good. What is my problem?

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 4:09 PM

I think I can help you. I know that a successful download is possible using Wi Fi, but more often than not, it will get corrupted and then will not load. This is simply too much data for wireless. I recommend that you move the download corrupted file to the trash and do another download with a wired USB connection to the modem/router. If necessary, you may have to temporarily move the computer. If this is not possible, then be prepared to have to do multiple downloads until you get a clean one that works. Finally, during the download do not use the internet. This should enable you to have a successful download. I hope this is helpful. Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 4:09 PM in response to rjstef

I think I can help you. I know that a successful download is possible using Wi Fi, but more often than not, it will get corrupted and then will not load. This is simply too much data for wireless. I recommend that you move the download corrupted file to the trash and do another download with a wired USB connection to the modem/router. If necessary, you may have to temporarily move the computer. If this is not possible, then be prepared to have to do multiple downloads until you get a clean one that works. Finally, during the download do not use the internet. This should enable you to have a successful download. I hope this is helpful. Good luck.

When I try to update by mac OS to 10.15.6 I continue to receive an error message that download failed and I need to check my wifi connection. wifi is good.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.