Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging Magic Mouse 2 from iPad

Is that possible to charge magic mouse 2 from my iPad Pro 12.9 by using 'USB-C to lightning' cable?

Well I couldn't find a solution in my current search. I need help guys.

Thanks

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 2:26 AM

As you have a fourth generation iPad Pro (with USB-C connector), you may find that your Magic Mouse 2 will successfully charge.

I don’t have the means by which to test and verify charging behaviour for your combination of hardware - so am unable to confirm that you’ll be able to charge the Mouse with the iPad in Sleep mode. However, all technical information suggests that the 2018/2020 iPad Pro device can charge an iPhone - so a Mouse shouldn’t be significant challenge.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful. Please let us know how you get on - as this information would be useful to inform our body of knowledge.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2020 2:26 AM in response to JasonDe-lal

As you have a fourth generation iPad Pro (with USB-C connector), you may find that your Magic Mouse 2 will successfully charge.

I don’t have the means by which to test and verify charging behaviour for your combination of hardware - so am unable to confirm that you’ll be able to charge the Mouse with the iPad in Sleep mode. However, all technical information suggests that the 2018/2020 iPad Pro device can charge an iPhone - so a Mouse shouldn’t be significant challenge.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful. Please let us know how you get on - as this information would be useful to inform our body of knowledge.

Sep 3, 2020 3:37 PM in response to JasonDe-lal

Unlikely, but unverified. Whilst unable to provide a definitive answer, the following might be informative.

USB-C, as used with 2018/2020 models of iPad Pro, is designed to provide power to external devices.

By contrast, the Lightning port of other models of iPad and iPad Pro is considerably more limited in its ability to provide power. Whilst the Magic Mouse2 should require very little power, the iPad does not supply power to the Lightning port whilst the iPad is in a Sleep state; this will very likely impact the ability of the iPad to charge an external device.

Charging Magic Mouse 2 from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.