Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Other storage full

For the third time my iPhone storage is full. 8 GB of other. This is a known problem, why is Apple not fixing it.

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 7:26 PM

Perhaps one of these articles will help:

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you need more space for an update - Apple Support

or see ALL the replies to:

Help! - Apple Community

5 replies

Sep 3, 2020 6:33 PM in response to ckuan

I have an iPhone SE and you cannot update the phone when the storage is full. Thanks for trying to help but as I said this is the third time the "other Storage " is full. iOS has a bug and doesn't clear it out like it is supposed to. Hate be negative but my son and I have identical iPhone SE's. I have updated all the releases, he does not. He has no problems so the releases are 99% sure to have caused the problem... Apple should fix what they caused.... The iPhone also doesn't sync to Outlook Calendars and contacts. The support person had me install and use iCloud which then destroyed 8 months of emails... Gone is the old Apple which was committed to Excellence.... ;-(

Sep 4, 2020 10:25 PM in response to ckuan

Thanks, but I was on 13.6.1 when the other used up all the available space. In order to update using iTunes I had to offload most of my apps. I installed 13.7 and the Other storage has gone down substantially but still seems unreasonably large after installing 13.7.

Note: I have been using Outlook and syncing Calendar and Contacts for many years until this last year. Anyone not knowing Outlook is an MS office product has been living under a rock. Somehow in the last several releases iTunes has lost the ability to sync calendars and contacts with Outlook . Without the sync ability my iPhone is about the same use as a Nokia. ;-)

Other storage full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.