Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i check my phone from being tracked

How do I know if I’m being tracked through my phone

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 6:07 PM

7 replies

Sep 3, 2020 6:46 PM in response to Lamanjr17

Lamanjr17 wrote:

I was told that their are apps we could download on our phones that if we had someone’s IP# we would be able to track them is this true or not?

That’s hilarious. Stop listening to 🤡 🤡 🤡

IP addresses are analogous to telephone numbers, but in a “telephone network” where most folks have “burner” phones and change numbers quite often, and where some folks can all share the same burner number, or share from a varying pool of IP addresses, and where some folks spoof their IP address.

Your iPhone routinely changes IP addresses as you use it on the carrier’s cellular network, and your IP address changes across the Wi-Fi networks you join, too. And your IP address is quite often hidden “behind” a different IP address, using a very common network feature known as NAT. Pretty much every residential router box and small business firewall uses NAT, too.

Some reading: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

how do i check my phone from being tracked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.