Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Keyboard is not working and it is shut off. The power button is a key on the keyboard and I can not get the computer to turn back on.

The power button is a key on the keyboard and I can not get the computer to turn back on.

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 9:40 PM

You are right that pressing any key launches electrical power and then boots up your MacBook Air. The main Power Key is the key where you register your fingerprint for Touch ID. Yes the one at the top right corner of your keyboard. Can you Push that Key Down and hold it down for 10 seconds and the release. After a few seconds, Push Down on that key and immediately release. That should start up your MacBook Air.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2020 9:40 PM in response to jaskvig

You are right that pressing any key launches electrical power and then boots up your MacBook Air. The main Power Key is the key where you register your fingerprint for Touch ID. Yes the one at the top right corner of your keyboard. Can you Push that Key Down and hold it down for 10 seconds and the release. After a few seconds, Push Down on that key and immediately release. That should start up your MacBook Air.

Axel F.

MacBook Air Keyboard is not working and it is shut off. The power button is a key on the keyboard and I can not get the computer to turn back on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.