Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old devices

How do you find your old device list? I have logged into my Apple account and I am looking at the manager account section. It shows the devices I’m currently logged into but what about old or historical data?

iPhone 6

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 11:07 AM

7 replies

Oct 5, 2020 2:44 PM in response to MrHoffman

MrHoffman wrote:

As stated above, I’d be surprised if Apple tried to maintain a historical list, past (maybe) serial numbers associated with direct sales, and that only for some specified number of years. Apple is pretty big on privacy, and keeping records of who-had-what-when get... tangled... past whatever legal retention requirements might exist.

For additional details on what is available:

Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple - Apple Support

Sep 5, 2020 10:44 AM in response to Eric Root

QueenKLB wrote:

I tried. They were no help.

Could you clarify that?

The folks at Apple Support were no help, or they gave you an answer?

What was the answer that the folks at Apple Support gave? They didn’t know? Or that there was no such list?

As stated above, I’d be surprised if Apple tried to maintain a historical list, past (maybe) serial numbers associated with direct sales, and that only for some specified number of years. Apple is pretty big on privacy, and keeping records of who-had-what-when get... tangled... past whatever legal retention requirements might exist.

Old devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.