Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help!!!

recently erased all the data on my MacBook Air, due to how slow it was running, and am trying to reinstall Lion. However, I’m getting an error which says “can’t download the additional components needed to install Mac OS X” I was going to create a bootable USB from windows but thought I should ask here first before going through with the USB. When it’s preparing to install it suddenly gives me a negative time estimate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mac Pro

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 11:28 AM

You cannot create a bootable USB flash drive on a Windows computer. How old is your MBA? Is Lion the version of OS X that came pre-installed when new? Do you have a Lion installer DVD? Lion is not freely downloadable. You must purchase a redeemable code in order to download a copy of the DVD. The cost is $19.99 (as it was before) plus tax.  It's a download. You will get an email containing a redemption code that you then use at the Mac App Store to download Lion. Save a copy of that installer to your Downloads folder because the installer deletes itself at the end of the installation. Buy OS X Lion (10.7) - Apple Store.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2020 11:28 AM in response to trea290

You cannot create a bootable USB flash drive on a Windows computer. How old is your MBA? Is Lion the version of OS X that came pre-installed when new? Do you have a Lion installer DVD? Lion is not freely downloadable. You must purchase a redeemable code in order to download a copy of the DVD. The cost is $19.99 (as it was before) plus tax.  It's a download. You will get an email containing a redemption code that you then use at the Mac App Store to download Lion. Save a copy of that installer to your Downloads folder because the installer deletes itself at the end of the installation. Buy OS X Lion (10.7) - Apple Store.

help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.