Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook won't recognize keyboard/trackpad upon wake from sleep

My Macbook air 13inches 2020 trackpad/mouse won't respond upon wake from sleep. it delays for about 30 seconds. Then brings a pop up saying bluetooth setup assistant, closes the pop up and then everything goes back to normal. please how do i fix this? so disheartening, as it is brand new.

tried SMC and Pram reset. still no luck

but i notice each time my wifi is off, this error won't occur.

plus my mac is using the latest update MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

please help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 11:46 PM

I have no Bluetooth accessories connected to my mac. And yes, turning off Bluetooth seems to be the only preferred and working solution for me.

Also,

-I disabled Open Bluetooth setup assistant at startup if no keyboard is detected.

-I disabled open Bluetooth setup assistant at startup if no mouse or trackpad is detected.

-I disabled allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer

-I removed all devices from the debug section.

and I did the Pram reset as well.

ever since then, my mac seems to be working fine.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2020 11:46 PM in response to jeremy_v

I have no Bluetooth accessories connected to my mac. And yes, turning off Bluetooth seems to be the only preferred and working solution for me.

Also,

-I disabled Open Bluetooth setup assistant at startup if no keyboard is detected.

-I disabled open Bluetooth setup assistant at startup if no mouse or trackpad is detected.

-I disabled allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer

-I removed all devices from the debug section.

and I did the Pram reset as well.

ever since then, my mac seems to be working fine.

Sep 6, 2020 3:26 PM in response to princedave020

Hello princedave20,

We understand you are having an issue with your built-in trackpad working on your MacBook Air and we're happy to help. Do you have any Bluetooth accessories connected to the Mac? Also, does turning Bluetooth off seem to resolve the issue?

Lastly, does the issue occur while in safe mode? If you are not familiar with the safe mode steps, you can follow the steps here: How to use safe mode on your Mac to get it done. Once in safe mode, you'd want to use the Mac as you normally would to see if the issue occurs again. You can tell when the Mac is in safe mode because on the desktop it will show the words Safe Boot in the top right-hand corner of the screen. 

Have a great day!

Macbook won't recognize keyboard/trackpad upon wake from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.