Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update of certain apps gives this message "GarageBand cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID"

I bought the new macbook pro and after the setup, i noticed 5apps waiting for updates GarageBand,i Movie, keynote,Pages,Numbers . When i try to update them, it gives me the following error "GarageBand cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID". I didnt install this apps and this is new macbook, how it says purchased with different apple id or refunded

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 6:54 PM

Click here and follow the instructions. If you can't accept them into your Apple ID, delete and redownload them.

Axel: Yes, it should. It happens because there isn't an Apple ID stored inside them.

(183795)

6 replies

Sep 5, 2020 6:50 PM in response to MaheshK22

That should not happen when your MacBook Pro is brand new. I, at the same time, do not have an answer to your question. GarageBand should be updated with the Apple ID that you are currently using for the App Store purchases. Almost makes me thing that someone else has had the opportunity to use that MacBook Pro first and then it was wiped clean and set up as new however some App Store and app purchase information remained. I know, a very vague answer, however I cannot think of anything else unless you have some other information to add to shed light on this.

Axel F.

Update of certain apps gives this message "GarageBand cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.