Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13 Update has removed my thread of photos in iMessage conversations

I just updated my iphone to iOS 13, all images in my iMessage Information section for each contact has disappeared. Scrolling through the conversation shows photos though they are not loaded into the information section. Why on earth is this happening?

I literally have to scroll through days/weeks/months/years of my conversation currently to reach photos that have been sent/received from my contacts.

There are many other users who have had this issue. I am surprised Apple not officially addressed this as of yet...

This is not a cloud related situation, the actual photos in the Information ( i ) tab of messages is not populated anymore.

Assistance in resolving this issue will be appreciated.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 11:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 12:04 AM

So originally that immediately stressed me out.

As there was no sign of anything happening. I kept searching online and came across a post where user @razmee209 advised to wait for some time and it will populate.

Confirmed that waiting for 30 minutes, everything populated for me. Don’t know if this time will be the same for everyone.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2020 12:04 AM in response to RayRay_12

So originally that immediately stressed me out.

As there was no sign of anything happening. I kept searching online and came across a post where user @razmee209 advised to wait for some time and it will populate.

Confirmed that waiting for 30 minutes, everything populated for me. Don’t know if this time will be the same for everyone.

iOS 13 Update has removed my thread of photos in iMessage conversations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.