Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 3 iPhones that I want to back up separately in order to keep the business and personal data entirely separate. Can I do this in a single iCloud account or do I need to setup separate accounts for each device?

I have 3 iPhones that I want to back up separately in order to keep the business and personal data entirely separate. Can I do this in a single iCloud account or do I need to setup separate accounts for each device?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 6:23 PM

You can do this on a single iCloud account as long as all 3 iPhones are using and signed in with the same Apple ID.

OR

If you have the iPhones on separate Apple IDs then you can use the Family Sharing feature and share one iCloud account.

OR

You can just have separate iCloud accounts for each iPhone.

In all of the examples above, each iPhone will have its own backup file.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2020 6:23 PM in response to ProfessorJG

You can do this on a single iCloud account as long as all 3 iPhones are using and signed in with the same Apple ID.

OR

If you have the iPhones on separate Apple IDs then you can use the Family Sharing feature and share one iCloud account.

OR

You can just have separate iCloud accounts for each iPhone.

In all of the examples above, each iPhone will have its own backup file.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.