Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Returning my phone

i have to return my iPhone 7. I was wondering how I would be able to erase all of my backed up icloud photos. I have no idea what I am doing.

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 5:05 PM

Here is What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support which should get you through most or all of the decisions, and the steps involved.

You’ll probably not want to erase the contents of iCloud. Not unless you’re intending to discontinue that, too. If you’re using the same Apple ID for other iPhone or iPad or Mac devices, you’ll probably want to maintain that usage, and not delete what’s in iCloud.

iCloud is a synchronization service for photos, so deleting iCloud-synchronized photos on the iPhone will delete them everywhere, across all iCloud-connected devices you might have. (The above-linked article describes how to disconnect from iCloud, without erasing your data from iCloud.)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2020 5:05 PM in response to Oliver_1406

Here is What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support which should get you through most or all of the decisions, and the steps involved.

You’ll probably not want to erase the contents of iCloud. Not unless you’re intending to discontinue that, too. If you’re using the same Apple ID for other iPhone or iPad or Mac devices, you’ll probably want to maintain that usage, and not delete what’s in iCloud.

iCloud is a synchronization service for photos, so deleting iCloud-synchronized photos on the iPhone will delete them everywhere, across all iCloud-connected devices you might have. (The above-linked article describes how to disconnect from iCloud, without erasing your data from iCloud.)

Returning my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.