Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i calibrate the iphone distance app on my iphone ?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 4:40 PM

Hello porus291 welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It looks like no one has responded to your question. Here are a couple things that might help others answer your question:

There is no standard iOS app called "Distance." Are you referring to Measure? Maps? Are you using the iPhone with an Apple Watch and using the Activity app?

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2020 4:40 PM in response to porus291

Hello porus291 welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It looks like no one has responded to your question. Here are a couple things that might help others answer your question:

There is no standard iOS app called "Distance." Are you referring to Measure? Maps? Are you using the iPhone with an Apple Watch and using the Activity app?

Cheers.

Sep 27, 2020 11:32 AM in response to porus291

Hi Porus.

The Health app uses a combination of GPS and the accelerometer for distance and steps walked. There is not currently a way to calibrate this to your gait using just the iPhone. If you are using the Apple Watch in conjunction with the iPhone, then check out the info here:

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

Cheers.

Sep 7, 2020 10:23 PM in response to jeremy_v

Thank you, Jeremy, for your very prompt response. However, my issue is not related to Measure or the Maps App. My issue is that the iPhone Health app, which records activity including walking steps and distance, is not very accurate and the recorded number of steps and the distance fluctuate wildly on different days for the same distance. I was wondering if I can do anything to calibrate the App so that the number of steps and the distance recorded is accurate and consistent. My issue is not solved.

Porus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.