Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Want HomePod for Calls

Hi Community,

It is extremely frustrating that there is no way to disable HomePod appearing as an option when making or receiving a call on the press of speaker icon.

My HomePod is kept at my bedside and I only want to use it to listen to music when I want but it appears in the speaker list for not only my but each family member in the home. When any one of us making or receiving a call and want to activate phone speaker, it shows HomePod in the list and it is an extra click to select phone speaker to diver there call. Prior to HomePod, pressing speaker button in a call would redirect the call straight to the phone speaker.

I have read many posts where you can disable it in settings and set a password for anyone wanting to connect to it but it makes no difference even after making that setting so is there something else I can and is anyone else facing same issue?

Thanks

Z

HomePod, 13

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 3:01 PM

Tried that. Didn't work,.

Was on a hour call with apple support Level1 then Level 2 only to hear that in iOS13 it is a feature that it will pop up as an option by default and there is apparently no way to turn this off. Most annoying is that everyone in the family and on same wifi sees it and there is no way to suppress it.

Apple support asked me to write a feedback to Apple so engineers can consider.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 3:01 PM in response to turingtest2

Tried that. Didn't work,.

Was on a hour call with apple support Level1 then Level 2 only to hear that in iOS13 it is a feature that it will pop up as an option by default and there is apparently no way to turn this off. Most annoying is that everyone in the family and on same wifi sees it and there is no way to suppress it.

Apple support asked me to write a feedback to Apple so engineers can consider.

Sep 7, 2020 4:38 PM in response to Vancouver22

See the details in the Transfer a call to HomePod section of Make and answer phone calls on HomePod - Apple Support.

If you have an iPhone with iOS 13 or later or an iPad with iPadOS, bring your device close to HomePod to automatically hand off your phone call. Move your device away from HomePod to transfer the phone call back to your device. 

Or

To switch the audio back to your iPhone, tap then tap iPhone.

tt2

Do Not Want HomePod for Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.