Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Health App

Hi. I am an active walker and would like to depend upon the iPhone Health app to keep a track of the distance that I have walked. However, i find that the app is not at all accurate and results fluctuate wildly for the same distance on different days. Is there anything that i can do to get more consistent and accurate results ?

Thanks.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 5:02 PM

Hello porus291!

From your post we see you are having some issues with the location on your iPhone misreporting. We can definitely understand wanting to get that fixed and are happy to help. Try following the steps in this article: If the Maps app isn't working on your Apple device

We hope that helps! Take care.

3 replies

Sep 7, 2020 10:20 PM in response to rose_10

Thank you, Rose, for your very prompt response. However, my issue is not related to location or the Maps App. My issue is that the iPhone Health app, which records activity including walking steps and distance, is not very accurate and the recorded number of steps and the distance fluctuate wildly on different days for the same distance. I was wondering if i can do anything to calibrate the App so that the number of steps and the distance recorded is accurate and consistent.

Porus

Sep 8, 2020 11:45 AM in response to porus291

porus291,

We appreciate you following up with us on this issue! The previous article generally is for issues with location services in Maps, but the first sections steps can help with issues in other apps as well, so they can be good to try. If the issue continues, we recommend reaching out to our direct support to ensure we get that location reporting properly. You can find them here: Get Support

Have a great rest of your day!

iPhone Health App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.