Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not displaying images in Canvas - Cross-site tracking is unchecked

As stated in the title and shown in the screenshot, for whatever reason canvas will not display images if I'm using safari. I've has cross-site tracking disabled, emptied the cache and cleared my history multiple times and have ensured that disable images is not checked in the develop tab. I don't like using chrome as it seems to consume all my memory and cause my iMac's fan to be constantly on. I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.6 on a 2019 iMac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 8:03 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Sep 7, 2020 11:32 AM in response to Dartholit

Safari can’t open a website.    

Safari – slow page loads.       

Safari - Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues.   

Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing.    

Web Content not responding

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode. 

Isolating an issue by using another user account   

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Sep 7, 2020 6:08 PM in response to Dartholit

Heh, this showed up a couple times and unfortunately still has not been resolved yet. If you do not wish to install chrome, there are other browsers such as Firefox and Opera.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

As said by someone in the Canvas support community: Canvas engineers are currently working on a solution for this issue. Until then, you may avoid errors with files and alerts by disabling cross-site tracking prevention in Safari when using Canvas. The method you tried won't resolve the issue. The error is on Apple's and Canvas's side.

This has been going on since around Apr 2020

Link to that Canvas Thread - https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Question-Forum/Uploaded-images-no-longer-function-in-Safari/td-p/210424

In theory, if it was possible to downgrade the version of Safari, you would be able to use canvas as normal.

Sep 8, 2020 4:22 AM in response to Dartholit

I have the same issues after the recent update on Catalina MacOS. I have the current version 10.15.6. This issue is very annoying.

I have tried all possible things from resetting my router to safe mode and to reinstalling MacOS from scratch but the issue is still there.

For now, I'm using the Edge Chromium browser because it has the neat feature of safety and privacy.

Safari not displaying images in Canvas - Cross-site tracking is unchecked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.