Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iphone location services turn off when ur iphone died and u gotta turn it back on when u turn the phone back on?

me and my girlfriend share locations with each other. However this morning for 5 hours her location was not available. She said it was turned off bc her phone died. Is that possible? Doesn’t make sense 2 me that it would toggle off when her phone dies.

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 10:07 AM

It makes perfect sense to me. Location Services will not be able to report an iPhone's location unless it is able to make a connection to the internet OR location services have been turned OFF. If the battery dies then the iPhone's operations are also stopped and it cannot connect to the internet to report its location. One thing to note and that is that you do not have to toggle the services (including the Find My app) ON once the iPhone is charged and is ON again. That is automatic as the iPhone turns ON.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2020 10:07 AM in response to tdnetbk

It makes perfect sense to me. Location Services will not be able to report an iPhone's location unless it is able to make a connection to the internet OR location services have been turned OFF. If the battery dies then the iPhone's operations are also stopped and it cannot connect to the internet to report its location. One thing to note and that is that you do not have to toggle the services (including the Find My app) ON once the iPhone is charged and is ON again. That is automatic as the iPhone turns ON.

Axel F.

Does iphone location services turn off when ur iphone died and u gotta turn it back on when u turn the phone back on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.