Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For the past 18 hrs. or so any link I click on opens only as a narrow column on the right side of the page.

For the past 18 hrs. or so any link I click on opens only as a narrow column on the right side of the page. I can slide the column from left to right. I can slide it off the page. I can slide up and off. I can close all tabs. But no matter what I do, I can't get full page. And, yes, I have watched the video. I have an Apple Air, latest edition.

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 9:34 AM

You have clearly managed to enable a Safari Slide Over view - this being a major multitasking feature of iPadOS, fully detailed in the iPad User Guide for iPadOS.

To transform a Slide Over view, to Split Screen, use the grey drag-bar at the top of the Slide Over Window; drag downwards and to towards the side of the screen. As the view changes, lift your finger. Done.

It’s also worth noting that you can easily change a Slide Over to Full Screen view in a similar way. This time, using the same drag-bar, drag to the top-centre of the screen, then release.

You may find these overview Apple video guides to be helpful:

After viewing, you’ll be ready for the additional Multitasking Guide:

Use Multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide for iPadOS is also a rich source of information. Here are links to both the downloadable and online versions of the Guide:

‎iPad User Guide on Apple Books

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

I hope this explanation and additional information is helpful in resolving any difficulties you may be having with Multitasking features of your iPad.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2020 9:34 AM in response to IncognaMe

You have clearly managed to enable a Safari Slide Over view - this being a major multitasking feature of iPadOS, fully detailed in the iPad User Guide for iPadOS.

To transform a Slide Over view, to Split Screen, use the grey drag-bar at the top of the Slide Over Window; drag downwards and to towards the side of the screen. As the view changes, lift your finger. Done.

It’s also worth noting that you can easily change a Slide Over to Full Screen view in a similar way. This time, using the same drag-bar, drag to the top-centre of the screen, then release.

You may find these overview Apple video guides to be helpful:

After viewing, you’ll be ready for the additional Multitasking Guide:

Use Multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide for iPadOS is also a rich source of information. Here are links to both the downloadable and online versions of the Guide:

‎iPad User Guide on Apple Books

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

I hope this explanation and additional information is helpful in resolving any difficulties you may be having with Multitasking features of your iPad.

For the past 18 hrs. or so any link I click on opens only as a narrow column on the right side of the page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.