Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Application

I currently have a MacBook pro early 2015 with 512GB of memory. I have over 50,000 pictures in the photo app, my computer has on 40gb left of memory and I have limited ability in the photo app. My question is, should I get a new MacBook with 2 TB of memory versus trying to move stuff off to a hard drive. I have been doing that, but it doesn't keep up with the amount of photos I keep adding. I want to keep the photos in the app, for the ease of finding them. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 12:18 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Sep 7, 2020 5:57 PM in response to Old Toad

Thank you for your response. So essentially these external drives will allow me to copy my 50,000 photos in the photos library and will allow me to access them on this drive through the photos software? So I will be able to view my photos through photos on the external hard drive. Sorry for the questions, I am an amateur photographer, trying to learn my options. Thank you.

Photo Application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.