Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse clicks twice on dropdowns

Hi, I'm a Mac user since many years, as a software developer with MacBooks and iMacs, and with all of them I've had the same strange behaviour using Magic Mouse 1. When I click on a dropdown selector in Firefox or Safari sometimes it triggers twice. The only way to avoid it is clicking and not releasing the button until I have selected the right item. This does not happens with the integrated trackpad or with the Magic Trackpad, only with Magic Mouse, and in several computers and configurations. I've always thought that it was because a wrong way of clicking, but I've seen other people using their computers with this same problem. I've tried to change the time interval in double click in Accesibility Options but it happens exactly in the same way. Any ideas about how to override this little (but frustrating) issue?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 12:23 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 8, 2020 11:00 AM in response to rmmfree

I've figured out what the problem is. This happens when clicking with both fingers touching the mouse. I think that the detection system gets confused about if it is a left click or right click, and sometimes detects it as two clicks (left and right). So, the solution is to raise the middle finger on left click to be sure that there is only one in the top of the mouse.

Magic Mouse clicks twice on dropdowns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.