Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad is locked and says to connect to itunes. How do i unlock my ipad this way?

My ipad is locked due to forgotten passcode

and says to connect to itunes to unlock my ipad. How do i do this?

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 6:25 PM

If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support describes the steps you can take.

9 replies

Oct 26, 2020 11:41 AM in response to triskers

You shouldn’t have to enter credit cards to unlock your iPad. If you did you have been scammed, and you should report the card as compromised to the issuer. And if you provided your Apple ID and password they have now been hacked.

See—>If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

To unlock your iPad see—>If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Sep 21, 2020 5:17 AM in response to starmwagoner

My Ipad is locked and need to sign into itumes, in which I have followed the instructions from you tube but the apple sign comes up but the charge sign does not come up. The information poped up on the computer to reset or update. When picking either reset or update, i got an error message, stating my itunes on my ipad need to be updated. I need to know how to update my ipad, while it is disabled and the computer will not reset it.

Sep 29, 2020 10:23 PM in response to starmwagoner

well my credit card has bee hit several time from someone ordering iTunes, wasnt me. So my bank canceled my credit card. Happened again. I changed my pass code. When I attempted to log on several days afterwards all sequences to my passcode would not work. I tried so many times. I was then ask for my Apple ID tried to many times and its saying now iPad is disabled. I Know my Apple ID now...how can I unlock my ipad

My ipad is locked and says to connect to itunes. How do i unlock my ipad this way?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.